Safe Place 4 Kids
The Safe Place 4 Kids Policy exists to provide a safe, secure, and comfortable environment for children and youth by limiting the possibility and perception of unsafe practices and interactions at New Song.
New Song is committed to preventing unsafe situations from occurring in all ministry activities sponsored by the church, specifically within our children and youth ministries. All children and youth volunteers 16 years old and over are required to be SP4K trained and have passed a mandatory background check if 18 years of age or older.
Our PromiseLand Classrooms and the MOSAIC Wing are SP4K Zones, dedicated to youth, children and cleared volunteers only during church sponsored activities. This includes bathrooms and when picking up children. We ask that you respect those boundaries for the protection of our children and students. All SP4K Zones are clearly marked.
- We seek openness in communication, expectations, & responsibility between families, ministry leaders, and volunteers.
- We place an emphasis on transparency, access to knowledge, and collaboration.
- Each one of our children and youth volunteers and staff are required to go through the mandatory SP4K training and background check every three calendar years as long as they are serving at New Song.
- Each child or youth attending a service is required to check in and wear a name-tag.
- The SP4K logo and SAFE ZONE signs are common and visible symbols that allow parents and leaders quickly delineate who is a clear or uncleared volunteer.
- Volunteers and staff are required to wear their name-tags when working with or around children during events and services.
- Guests, while welcome to observe, must first check in, read through an SP4K guest policy, sign and date a document of agreement and wear a guest name tag during their visit.
One Way In – One Way Out
- As a security measure, every one of our meeting spaces have one active entrance and exit during service times.
- 30 minutes after service begins, PromiseLand classroom doors are closed until the end of service.